Okay, believe it or not there is still a good amount of information that seems to be filtering out in our post-election environment. One of the more interesting items that have taken place recently is a new Zogby poll.
Zogby conducted an unbiased scientific poll that was commissioned by John Ziegler. The purpose of the poll was to determine how informed the Obama supporters were of all the Presidential candidates and if the hypothesis about a bias media is correct. The poll provided startling results
So, let’s break down the poll. The poll was conducted from 11/13/08-11/15/08 with a sampling size of 512 (229 male and 283 female) with a margin of error of +/- 4.4%. Further breakdown on the specific sample group and results of the questions can be found at http://www.zogby.com/news/wf-dfs.pdf
Here are results of the 12 question survey:
- 1. 12% correctly identify Obama as the candidate whose energy policies would bankrupt the coal industry in this country.
- 2. 17% correctly identify Obama as the candidate who won his first election by getting all of his opponents kicked off the ballot.
- 3. 72% could not correctly identify Biden as the candidate who quit a previous Presidential run due to plagiarism of a campaign speech.
- 4. 47% did not know that Biden stated that Obama would be tested by an international crisis during the first six months of his administration.
- 5. 56% could not correctly answer which political party controlled both Houses of Congress prior to the election.
- 6. 86% correctly associated Palin with the $150,000 wardrobe purchase by her party.
- 7. 81% correctly identified McCain as the candidate who did not know how many houses he owned.
- 8. 23% correctly identified Obama as the candidate that claimed to have campaigned in 57 states.
- 9. 87% correctly identified Palin as the candidate whose state they could see Russia from their house.
- 10. 94% correctly identified Palin as the candidate with a pregnant teenage daughter.
- 11. 81% correctly identified Obama as the candidate who stated that government should redistribute the wealth.
- 12. 44% correctly identified Obama as the candidate who started their political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground.
So, did the media really shape the minds of the voting population with tilt toward the left? Is the voting population so misinformed that “we” fail to question what is being told to us? Has our media-driven society turned into the vision that George Orwell wrote about in 1984? I truly wonder…