Since Katrina hit the US in 2005, gas prices have been under pressure from a weak American dollar, a decrease of supply/ increase of demand, and market speculation. All are ingredients to push gas prices to record heights.
Like most Americans, I am also feeling the effects of these rising gas prices on my monthly household budget. However, if you take a step back and look a the big picture you will be surprised that increase in gas is not nearly as bad as other goods that we never think twice of. Below is brief break down on those items:
- 2% Milk – $3.99 per gallon
- Whole Milk – $4.49 per gallon
- Starbucks Frappuccino Ice Coffee – $20.48 per gallon
- Monster Energy Drink – $12.80 per gallon
- Minute Maid OJ – $6.99 per gallon
- Betolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil – $77.75 per gallon
- Emer’s Glue – $20.54 per gallon
- Liquid Tide Detergent – $14.49 per gallon
- Soda (Coke/Pepsi) – $5.33 per gallon
So, I guess gas prices are too bad after all. Just food for thought the next time you are filling up your SUV.