If you live in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic you might have discovered that little island oasis in the sea of concrete we travel daily called – WaWa. If you are not familiar with WaWa, then let me fill you in. First impressions of WaWa is that it is just another gas station with a convenience store that sells beer and junk food. Well my friend, it is more than just that. WaWa is really a food store that happens to sell gas. That is correct, a food store.
What a food store it is – offering freshly prepared selections that are better than the local grocery store. Oh yeah, did I mention WaWa sell gas too?
So I thought I would come up with my Top 10 List of why WaWa is the cream of the crop.
WaWa Top Ten
- The name – WaWa. I love how if comes right off my tongue.
- You don’t have to worry about standing in line for hours behind Blue Hairs while they get their lotto tickets.
- Great coffee – yes every store has coffee, but do they have fresh Kenya AA, Dark Roast, and Chocolate Macadamia Nut in their pots?
- Fresh soft pretzels — just as good as the ballpark.
- Made to order hoagies – any size you want.
- Hot breakfast sandwiches – even with turkey and egg whites.
- Clean stores with lots of room.
- Open 24 hours a day with helpful staff to serve you.
- Healthy snacks for kids and adults – grapes, cheese, yogurt, and other fruits are a nice alternative to the candy bars and chips other stores offer.
- Great gas prices with lots of pumps so you don’t have to wait
If you haven’t tried a WaWa, then you are missing out on a piece of paradise while you travel. If you already have, then God bless you!